Goals, Products & Results
The series’ goals are
- Develop an awareness of and appreciation for the natural and historic sites in the Garden State for residents and nonresidents
- Encourage individuals, families and groups to get out, enjoy and explore
- Present our story in an entertaining, engaging and lively way with an enthusiastic host
- Demonstrate how easy it is to find a place to be outdoors either 15 minutes from home, on a daytrip or visiting from out of state
- Tell the story behind the land and historic sites – how they were saved and preserved
- Emphasize quality-of-life benefit
- Focus on stewardship and protecting our open spaces, historic sites and farms
The final products
- One 26-minute program (closed captioned) for the web and for broadcast on TV
- Two-minute trailer for promotion and social media
- Short videos for the website and social media depending on funding
- DVDs of the half-hour program
- Local premiere of the program
- Increased use, understanding and appreciation of the local environment and historic sites.
- Stronger support for farmland, open space and historic preservation and purchasing local.
- Increased dialogue on issues related to open space and farming.
- Stronger connection between the people and the land, creating stronger stewardship, and increased involvement of children and young adults in making active and healthy lifestyle decisions