DMO and tourism professional with 18 years of experience in New Jersey. Passionate advocate for NJ heritage, eco and cultural tourism.
Executive Director, Morris County Tourism Bureau – 1997 to present
6 Court Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
Manages a 501 c (3) not-for-profit Destination Marketing Organization that positively affects the economy of Morris County by promoting the area’s exceptional historic, cultural and recreational opportunities by providing services to residents, business travelers and tourists. The Morris County Tourism Bureau (MCTB) works in partnership with the Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders, Morristown National Historical Park, Morris County Park Commission, the NJ Division of Travel & Tourism along with area historic, recreational and cultural organizations to advance its mission.
- Responsible for an annual budget of approximately $500,000– FY 2016. In 2015, tourism activity in Morris County represented $2.1 billion– up +4.5 from the previous year.
- 10- year recipient of the DMO Co-op Marketing Grant from the NJ Division of Travel & Tourism.
- Manages a staff of 5 part-time employees including a membership manager, social media manager, bookkeeper, outreach and product development manager and office manager.
- Oversees the development and implementation of all marketing and public relations materials across a plethora of social, digital, radio, and print platforms.
- Creates an annual Dashboard Metrics chart with 25 components to measure the outcome of marketing efforts to ensure the greatest ROI.
- Cooperates with over 200 business and associations who are MCTB members.
- Acts as principle development officer for the organization responsible for yearly grants to the NJ Division of Travel & Tourism, NJ Historical Commission, NJ Historic Trust, F.M. Kirby Foundation, A.P. Kirby Foundation, Town of Morristown.
- Operates a busy visitor’s center from Monday–Friday, open Saturdays during the summer and fall when the MCTB historical walking tour series is offered.
- Produces the annual event: Revolutionary Times Weekend – a celebration of the American Revolution in the Morristown area each July. Attendance is approximately 6,000 people.
- Meets regularly with the MCTB Board of Directors and Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders who provide guidance and vision for the MCTB.
- Prolific public speaker at various conferences and meetings throughout NJ on various tourism topics.
- Served as vice chairman of the 2010 Heritage Tourism Plan for New Jersey.
- Board member of the Crossroads of the American Revolution Association, Advocates of NJ History, founding member of NJDMO.
- Winner of numerous awards from the NJ Divisions of Travel & Tourism: 2003, 2007, 2011 including the Pinnacle of Excellence Award.
- Received the 2013 Award of Recognition from the New Jersey Historical Commission for long-time support and promotion of Morris County’s history and historic sites.